Like?
Re: First look at the E-P5
In reply to tjuster1, Apr 26, 2013

tjuster1 wrote:

azazel1024 wrote:

Pyramides wrote:

Acrill wrote:

Uncle Frank wrote:

I'm rooting for a tilt lcd, like the one in the em5.

The E-PL5 already has this.

I'm having a hard time imagining what features(costing hundreds of dollars) can distinguish the EP5 from the P5L and PM2

5-axis IBIS like the OM-D?

-- hide signature --

Francisco

That is the rumor, that it is getting an improved version of the OM-D E-M5 IBIS.

For the engine...yeah, I should have realized that. I assume a typo/oversite 4/3 rumors.

-- hide signature --

Many things dealing with Olympus and their OM and Pen cameras, plus my general photography and musings http://omexperience.wordpress.com/

If the IBIS is actually improved, well, then, wow. The OMD's IBIS is already the best I've ever used.

That was my thought as well, "They can make it better!?!?!"

I am vastly over spoiled by my OM-D E-M5 IBIS. The thought that it could be in anyway improved kind of blows my mind. Though we have no way of knowing what "improved" actually means. Maybe this time around it is silent? Or maybe there is more rise/fall/tilt available for stabalization...but it doesn't actually impact handholdability, just how much it can be moved before the sensor has to recenter or something.

That said...if someone is claiming improved, I assume that means you could probably handhold at slightly slower shutter speeds.

I can already do 1/2s at 12/14mm most of the time if I am a little careful. What next? 1s? 1/4s at 25mm?

-- hide signature --

Many things dealing with Olympus and their OM and Pen cameras, plus my general photography and musings http://omexperience.wordpress.com/

azazel1024's gear list:azazel1024's gear list
Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow