7d Mk II - This does not make sense!

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
birdbrain
Senior MemberPosts: 3,238Gear list
Like?
Re: 7d Mk II - This does not make sense!
In reply to tvstaff, Apr 26, 2013

tvstaff wrote:

As a 7D owner... I would (want) think that Canon would make the 7d Mk II a must buy for those who enjoy the 7D.

Would it not have made sense for the 7d Mk II to have the following:

Full Frame - Water and Dust Tight - Auto Focus w/Video - More Cross Sections for Focus - Wifi

With just the above I think two things could happen. 7D owners would buy one as a step up for those of us that want Full Frame AND 5D Mk III owners that wanted a Water and Dust Tight backup.

I really don't understand why Canon would make the new 7d Mk II anything BUT Full Frame.

Since I love my 7D and the abuse it can take, I was really hoping the new 7D MkII would fall between the 5D and 1D for some features I wanted at around the $2,500 to $3,000 range....

Is there ANY chance this will be the case?? ANY?

TVSTAFF

I have to say it is your post that does not make sense.

The 7D is a crop frame camera, Canon make perfectly good FF camera's the 1Dx, 5D3 and 6D

The 5D3 is as water and dust tight as the 7D is. (Many people have pointed this out but you seem to ignore this detail?)

The 7D2 will remain a crop frame sensor, it gives you that extra reach which is what the 7D is all about.

If you want a FF camera then buy the 5D3 you will not be disappointed, don't expect Canon to shoot themselves in the foot and suddenly change track with the positioning of the 7D2.

If you want a higher frame rate than the 5D3 can offer then it's the 1Dx.

The 7D at the time of its release was designed to be the best crop frame sensor DSLR around. I can't see Canon not expecting their 7D2 to be anything less.

-- hide signature --

Phil
I wondered why the ball kept getting bigger, then it hit me.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/philthebirdbrain/

birdbrain's gear list:birdbrain's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow