SURVEY - Do FT / mFT users know the difference from "full frame"? Replies wanted!!

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
woof woof
Senior MemberPosts: 1,440
Like?
Re: SURVEY - Do FT / mFT users know the difference from "full frame"? Replies wanted!!
In reply to azazel1024, Apr 26, 2013

I have a 5D and some nice lenses and I have a G1 and some nice lenses.

I initially bought into MFT because i wanted a smaller form body and lens combination that would better my compact cameras and produce images that are close to the 5D. I've largely not been disappointed

I shoot RAW and process each shot for best effect and at low to middling ISO settings G1 shots are easily lost amongst 5D shots both on screen and in prints up to A3. I've had little fun challenges and the people taking part couldn't tell G1 shots from 5D shots any better than by chance. Some people will look for clues and assume that shallower DoF shots must be from the 5D but that's not a reliable criteria as we all should know that DoF is influenced by several factors and it's perfectly possible to get shallow DoF from Micro Four Thirds.

My G1 does lack dynamic range when compared to my 5D but this can be counteracted to a degree in post capture processing and is helped by the in view histogram so it's not as big a deal as I'd have initially thought.

Format size wars are (IMVHO) largely irrelevant for a great many people.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow