Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shunda77
Senior MemberPosts: 1,658Gear list
Like?
Re: Confirmed: No practical advantage to removing D7100 AA filter
In reply to marike6, Apr 26, 2013

marike6 wrote:

Shunda77 wrote:

You need to look at the data and try and understand why results may be different between a full frame sensor and an APS-C sensor.

I don't "need" to do anything, I understand quite well about pixel densities, and so forth.

It's just funny how measurebaters want to spend all day talking about brick wall tests, minor differences in high ISO, diffraction, banding, etc.  Then when the RAW Studio Test scene answers a very specific question like the AA-filter question (but they don't like the answer), they want to say "yes but in the real world".

Are you kidding? I should trust you and the cheerleaders here over an established, professional review site like DPR?

The evidence is overwhelming, yet this nonsense persists, it is quite remarkable.

For more discerning users there is a difference, as others above have pointed out.

No there isn't, it is an imaginary advantage that is misleading people and not helping those who genuinely want to know what this camera is like.

And talking about "more discerning users" is utterly ridiculous in that a discerning user wouldn't bother with imaginary advantages.

As it stands there are other outstanding features of this camera that makes this discussion largely irrelevant, but we shouldn't pretend it is more than what it is.

DPR gave the damned thing a gold award and people are still complaining it isn't good enough. Let the D7100's real merits stand, not the imaginary advantages pushed by fanboys.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SameNew
DataNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow