Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Docno
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,107Gear list
Like?
Re: ► Now please look at these ◄ - more natural this time
In reply to elliottnewcomb, Apr 26, 2013

elliottnewcomb wrote:

Docno wrote:

So there's a clear consensus that the natural look is preferable, at least among the folks here. Now it's possible there's a contrast effect operating here... having the photos side-by-side could make the punched-up one look over the top and/or the natural one look dull.

So what do you think of the images below? No natural background in this case... that might make a difference. And I'm not showing the 'originals' so as to avoid a contrast effect.  [Bit of background: I messed up on these shots... stupidly took them at F8 without checking, which meant they suffer badly from camera shake in the low light]. Anyway, I like the boosted oranges and blues, but maybe its senility setting in. Should I be worried?

boosted blues are nice, boosted orange is distracting for me, wood grain on table is odd, what is her hair color?

and, a full eyebrow shot is highly requested, err I mean recommended.

-- hide signature --

Elliott

Her hair colour is 'amber' (lightened) but it gets quite boosted with this treatment. The grain on the table is also toward orange, but not as bright. Here's a more realistic rendition:

Docno's gear list:Docno's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha NEX-7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
2New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow