7d Mk II - This does not make sense!

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Robert J. Atwell
Regular MemberPosts: 104
Like?
Re: 7d Mk II - This does not make sense!
In reply to tvstaff, Apr 26, 2013

I own a 7D and a 5D MKIII.  The 5D MKIII is about as close as you can get to the 7D in a full frame camera and it does have weather seals that seem to be about as good as those on the 7D.  My main reason for buying the 7D was photographing high school baseball from outside the field.  The APS-C crop gave me the reach I needed and in reasonable light the 7D performs very well.  However, night games often left me at a loss when I was shooting at 300mm and f5.6   Thus the 5D MarkIII.  The 5D MarkIII solves the ISO issue but I find myself longing for the reach of the 7D and its APS-C crop factor.  I true believe that Canon understands this and I expect that the 7D MarkII will most probably address this issue.  I expect Canon to make the 7D MarkII meet the ISO capabilities of the 5D MarkIII first and foremost.  I know that's going to come at a price.  I think the next 7D will be an APS-C version of the 1DX.  To me it seems a "Baby 1DX" is what many sports and advanced amateur photogs are looking for.   Imagine being able to take 7-10FPS of your kids games at night from the bleachers.  Full Frame is not necessary(nice to have) reach is essential.  Good glass is very expensive relative to a camera body.  Canon's 7D is a great camera for most every family event.  It could be better if it had the ISO capabilities of the 5D MKIII.  That shouldn't be an impossible task given the advances in sensor technology.  I would buy a 7D with 5D MKIII ISO capabilities and I bet you would too???!!!

-- hide signature --

Sincerely,
Bob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow