Is mirrorless the worst of all worlds? and FF the best?

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
CFynn
Senior MemberPosts: 5,211Gear list
Like?
Re: Is mirrorless the worst of all worlds? and FF the best?
In reply to zenpmd, Apr 26, 2013

zenpmd wrote:

Interested to hear your thoughts to the contrary!

How many people regularly make large prints?

I have a full frame DSLR (D800E) - I bought it to use for critical work - when I know I'm going to need the resolution, tracking focus or something else it offers. The rest of time I'd really rather use a smaller, more unobtrusive camera.

Sure a full frame camera will give you shallower depth of field - but there are just as many times when greater depth of field, that an APS-C or m4/3 camera will give you, is useful.

To my mind the lenses for the Fuji X system are reasonably priced. Generally you have to buy the best Nikon or Canon professional lenses  to match their quality ~ and those don't come cheap. The D600 or 6d bodies may be somewhat "affordable"  but that is only part of the cost.

Anyway buy whatever camera you think suits you - there is no camera best for every purpose.

CFynn's gear list:CFynn's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
WowNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow