SURVEY - Do FT / mFT users know the difference from "full frame"? Replies wanted!!

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Forum ProPosts: 19,042Gear list
Like?
Re: Replies wanted !!
In reply to Detail Man, Apr 26, 2013

Detail Man wrote:

Guy Parsons wrote:

Detail Man wrote: ...... The paradox of consciousness is that one has to understand what they do not understand in order to become aware of what they do not understand.

Hey, I like that. Must get it translated into Latin and carve into my front door.

Rather concise it is (they must have come up with all of this a long time ago):

Mirum est quod sensus est intellegere, quid sit ignorant, ut non intelligam.

An interesting game is to then reverse-translate back, and see what comes back in English:

The strange thing is that the sense of man is to understand, they do not know what it is, that they may not understand.

Anyway, Open Talk to me seems mostly like a sewer that sometimes overflows into cleaner forums.

It's about the same as all the others. A handful of attached cerebrums, and those rattling about.

Google translates are fun. My old school motto was Vincit qui se Vincit. Works both ways in Google but the "Ille" is understood in front of it. Naturally the schoolboys said it meant "Wink at those who wink at you".

Back to forums (or seeing that we have gone all Latin - fora), sure beats doing anything useful. Currently wasting time on the 'net because this notebook is doing a horrendously long backup to  my NAS, yikes, another 23 hours to go.

Anyway, what is this thread all about? We know why we variously use LX3 or E-PL5 in my case, chunkier cameras just do not interest me no matter what their merits might be.

Regards...... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow