Which of these do you like best?

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
elliottnewcomb
Senior MemberPosts: 5,800Gear list
Like?
Re: Which of these do you like best?
In reply to Docno, Apr 26, 2013

Docno wrote:

As many of you will know, Google purchased Nik software a little while back and made their full collection of plug-ins available at a very good price. I'm really enjoying playing around with these, and started experimenting with the different photo paper simulations in the Color eFex module. But I may be starting to lose perspective. The stuff I'm liking is getting father away from 'reality' (whatever that is). I'm fine with that in principle, but I'm starting also to wonder if my aesthetic preferences are starting to 'drift' also.

So out of curiosity, which of the following RX1 portraits do you prefer? The first one is a more 'standard' and realistic treatment. Basically just lightened face (using the Viveza plug-i) and vignetted the background to draw attention to the subject. The second one I went a little 'wild', upping the contrast and simulating Fujichrome Sensia 100 paper and then shifting the colour caste. Is it over the top?

I would combine the stronger contrast with some blacks of the background of #2 with the original softer colors of #1

-- hide signature --

Elliott

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
2New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow