Discovered the wonders of post processing!

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alan_S
Senior MemberPosts: 1,405Gear list
Like?
Re: Discovered the wonders of post processing!
In reply to _Fotogrfr_, Apr 26, 2013

_Fotogrfr_ wrote:

(if you care enough about your results to PP, why on earth would you want to limit yourself with JPG and toss out the full capability of RAW?).

I get really tired of pompous people that imply that because I shoot JPEG, I don't care about my images.  Who do you think you are, anyway?

-- hide signature --

JPEG Shooter
galleries at: http://www.pbase.com/fotogrfr

Just asking an honest (unanswered) question ... I was in denial for years, standing by JPG-only, until I actually took the time to experiment and learn; and there is a definite learning curve that takes substantial time and effort. Not for everyone. To me it is worth the effort, if it's not for you, I really couldn't care less

I guess my support of the OP touched a nerve with you, can't help that, I simply disagree strongly with your previous advice. Been there, done that, expended the effort, learned the process, made my decision. Happy to help out someone that is interested in learning, but as I said it isn't for everyone, whatever your decision I respect that. I really don't care to debate it with someone who has decided otherwise, it's their decision, no debate necessary.

-- hide signature --

- AlanS

Alan_S's gear list:Alan_S's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow