Started Apr 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
John King
Forum ProPosts: 12,788Gear list
Like?
Re: It was not meant as whining :-).
In reply to Goffen, Apr 26, 2013

Gidday Goffen

Goffen wrote:

Neither did i mean to claim mFT is superior to 4/3.

I just don't have the same experience that 4/3 had a lot better quality than mFT. I never had any problems with my 4/3 gear that was not properly dealt with by Oly Norway. And my e-3 really did hold up against extremely wet weather over quite a few hikes during the time i had it.

And now the same goes for my e-m5. It had the cracked LCD frame, and peeling of paint behind the LCD, but it was fixed properly and fast by Oly. This also has been with me in all kinds if weather with no problems.

So very satisfied Oly user here both on 4/3 and mFT

-Goffen

Not taken as any of this, certainly not by me. I am always sympathetic to anyone's plight when they experience this sort of thing.

I got the replacement item today that I obliquely referred to in my post.
It should never have got out of the factory! So poorly assembled that it could be devastatingly dangerous to even turn the flaming thing on ...

Phone call; 15~20 images and an email to the supplier. They have agreed to replace the second machine with yet another one. They have undertaken that they will carefully inspect the next unit before it is sent to me. Another couple of hours out of my day; and taxing the strength I often struggle to find ...

So yeah, mate. I really do understand when people have these kinds of problems. It has little, if anything, to do with the item being a given brand, or another brand ...

-- hide signature --

Regards, john from Melbourne, Australia.
(see profile for current gear)
Please do not embed images from my web site without prior permission
I consider this to be a breach of my copyright.
-- -- --
The Camera doth not make the Man (nor Woman) ...
Perhaps being kind to cats, dogs & children does ...
I am a Photography Aficionado ... and ...
"I don't have any problems with John. He is a crotchety old Aussie. He will smack you if you behave like a {deleted}. Goes with the territory." boggis the cat
Gallery: http://canopuscomputing.com.au/gallery2/v/main-page/

Bird Control Officers on active service.

John King's gear list:John King's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow