Ok...I know I have been posting a lot of pictures here in the gear forum....

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Robin Casady
Forum ProPosts: 11,624
Like?
Re: Ok...I know I have been posting a lot of pictures here in the gear forum....
In reply to Tomasg71, Apr 26, 2013

Tomasg71 wrote:

Robin Casady wrote:

Tomasg71 wrote:

I hope i won t get cut into pieces, by trying to constructevly criticque an authority on this forum. Of all the latest three pictures you posted i like this one the best. It s the more artistic one, it gives a little room for interpretation, it lets the colors, the light to make the picture, not the subject itself, thus is departs from a beautiful but obvious, post card landscape, type of picture. This was it starts to lean to art...not only great landscape picture taking and. Please try to read a bit between the lines, as my english doesn t allow me to exactly express  what i mean.

I doubt anyone will flame you for complimenting the image.

Personally, I prefer the Japanese garden shot, even though it is a little dark.

The lighting in this shot creates a mood that gives the image strength, but I think the composition is not well balanced.

-- hide signature --

Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
— Bertrand Russell

Thanks Robin, it can be difficult for a non native english speaker sometimes to write in these forums, you never know how exactly yuor words will be interprted. I agree, the composition is not perfect, i would took out (crop?) all the bottom part of it but i am sure we won t agree on that :), i like the predominant blue and a touch of hope (light) down there.

I like the variation in texture provided by the foreground. Without it there would be a sameness of texture throughout that will make the image seem bland.

I dislike the placement of the mountain in almost the center. That close to the center, but not quite, looks like an error.

The visual action (brightness, contrast, and saturation) is all happening in the left half and there is nothing to balance it on the right. If you crop off about a fifth of the image on the right, the mass of the mountain would provide some balance to the brightness of the orange sky glow.

-- hide signature --

Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
— Bertrand Russell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow