Confirmed: No practical advantage to removing D7100 AA filter

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Whalligeo
Regular MemberPosts: 245
Like?
Re: The only thing around here less credible
In reply to marike6, Apr 26, 2013

marike6 wrote:

What I think DPR is trying to imply actually should offend quite a large number of photographers, as it would see they are trying to argue that "for most amateurs" the D7100 is not going to make much difference.  Which again, is not true at all, since there are some extraordinarily talented amateurs who shoot using painstakingly good technique with very good lenses.  Again for such a user a camera like the D7100 is has a very real "practical" advantage in terms of IQ over other models.

Correct. Yes there are some very fine, talented amateurs and professionals, but in the main, the reverse is true. Few D7100 owners will ever see the true potential from their camera, and that will be for various reasons: misconceptions, misunderstanding, miss-sold, incompetence.....and so it goes on.

The D7100 is not a snapshot camera to be used as a big P&S, yet for some bizarre reason DPR seems to think this is how most people use such a camera in the "real world" (or whatever they think "real world" usage is).

I didn't bother to read the DPR review, but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. The other review sites are no better, none in my opinion give a true, in-depth insight to cameras of this caliber. Quite frankly, you might as well just go and see what Ken Rockwell has to say. In fact, if you read what he says about camera owners, he is correct. He says that most photographers do not know how to take a sharp picture.

-- hide signature --

They said it couldn't be done, so I encouraged my peers not to bother.
HooRoo!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SameNew
DataNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow