Confirmed: No practical advantage to removing D7100 AA filter

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
marike6
Senior MemberPosts: 5,070Gear list
Like?
Re: Confirmed: No practical advantage to removing D7100 AA filter
In reply to Shunda77, Apr 26, 2013

Shunda77 wrote:

You need to look at the data and try and understand why results may be different between a full frame sensor and an APS-C sensor.

I don't "need" to do anything, I understand quite well about pixel densities, and so forth.

It's just funny how measurebaters want to spend all day talking about brick wall tests, minor differences in high ISO, diffraction, banding, etc.  Then when the RAW Studio Test scene answers a very specific question like the AA-filter question (but they don't like the answer), they want to say "yes but in the real world".

If you can't see a difference in images between the D7000 and D7100, then no, in your "real world" there is essentially no difference.

Apparently for DPR, there is not difference either.

For more discerning users there is a difference, as others above have pointed out.

But don't worry, your new camera is still much better than the old one so no purchase defense necessary.

I don't have a D7100, nor do I intend to buy one.  I already have a DSLR that I'm quite happy with.

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SameNew
DataNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow