tvstaff wrote:

No it's not. A FF 7D is not a 5D.

The photo focus system
video focus system
controls
LCD size
frame
the DIGIC5+ is not the same as the Dual "Digic 4"
 the ISO ranges AND memory card use... not the same and more!

Yes, the 5DmkIII is a newer camera and FF, so naturally it incorporates newer/different technologies. The 7DmkII will also feature newer/different technologies.

What a condescending statement.

It would seem I understand quite well.  There are many important design and modality differences you should learn about.

Please uderstand my feelings about the camera I want.

TVSTAFF

I actually don't understand your feelings. My comment is not meant to be condescending, you simply seem to know very little about the 7D/5DmkIII. The fact that in this thread you state: "I'd pull the trigger on the 5D today if it were sealed as well as the 7D." is testament to that. The 5DmkIII body is based on the 7D and they share the same type of environmental sealing, but neither is weather sealed.

The 5DmkIII really is a FF version of the 7D. Both have been built with a similar philosophy in mind. The main difference is in the sensor, APS-C vs. FF, where the 7D can take advantage of the smaller sensor size in terms of speed.

So I honestly don't see why you ignore the 5DmkIII, which is a camera that precisely meets your stated requirements.

Wyville's gear list:Wyville's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow