SURVEY - Do FT / mFT users know the difference from "full frame"? Replies wanted!!

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
call me Skippy
Forum MemberPosts: 53Gear list
Like?
Re: SURVEY - Do FT / mFT users know the difference from "full frame"? Replies wanted!!
In reply to dinoSnake, Apr 26, 2013

I knew to a certain point. For me it brakes down to bigger sensors having less noise and lower depth of field and possibly more resolution (at least its easier to get it and keep the picture clean). Simply "better picture quality" though seems to be a little to simple. But of course, it is a matter of compromise: at a certain point I have to stop taking pictures (or at least get more creative) than the FF guy or gal. When you do available light photography I mean. But my "break-down" makes also clear, that everything is a compromise: I found myself in situations where I would have prefered the greater field of depths of compacts...

However. I am sure this thread will come to nothing. Very often people feel they have to justify their decision for a system. Even more so with four thirds. For me it hits the spot in term of compromise. But I do understand the people who want to go full frame.

call me Skippy's gear list:call me Skippy's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow