Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Docno
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,025Gear list
Like?
Re: Which of these do you like best?
In reply to becasabot, Apr 26, 2013

becasabot wrote:

First is the best by a safe margin.

The second has too much punch, fluorescnce. Especially the dress is the first thing the eye catches and keeps drawing the attention. The hat with more saturated colors is OK though. Also the first picture's background is warmer, the green, the soil, it feels more natural and it's nature ! The background in the second feels plasticky to me.

However note that in the film days I was one who prefers Fuji Sensia to Velvia and to speak the truth I was constantly surprised at the Velvia madness. More saturation, more sharpness and especially high contrast helps a picture to seem like a good one very easily, butI think they are overly used. Among those sharpness is the one I use more freely however saturation and  contrast must not always be on the high.

Good work with the first one, I also like the background vignette there, it lights up the lady.

Thanks. That seems to be the consensus. The punchy look is something new for me... maybe I got punch-drunk with it

Docno's gear list:Docno's gear list
Sony RX100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
2New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow