SURVEY - Do FT / mFT users know the difference from "full frame"? Replies wanted!!

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Brian Wadie
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,287Gear list
Like?
Yes - But
In reply to dinoSnake, Apr 26, 2013

I can only compare the images from my 5Dmk2 and EM-5 and the basic response is, yes - but the differences are small and don't matter for my use (prints to 30"x20" or up to 6ft panos for sale via galleries and craft fairs)

Perhaps more importantly the people who buy my prints can't tell the difference

Pixel peeping at 100% on the monitor the FF images are smoother and more "filmic" but viewed as the finished print this isn't apparent and for some images I prefer the EM-5 colour pallette / presentation (more natural colour, more "Open" and somehow a brighter feel to them)

Having said all that, the only reason I changed was weight and if it wasn't that I am am unable to manage the weight of the canon bodies / lenses I wouldn't have made the change of system

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow