SURVEY - Do FT / mFT users know the difference from "full frame"? Replies wanted!!

Started Apr 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Forum ProPosts: 18,349Gear list
Like?
Re: SURVEY - Do FT / mFT users know the difference from "full frame"? Replies wanted!!
In reply to dinoSnake, Apr 26, 2013

dinoSnake wrote:

So, is this true?  Using FT / mFT users as a test, do you understand "the impact of sensor size on image quality"?  What was your knowledge of this topic at the time you made your purchase decision of the cameras you are now using?  How did your purchase decision go in regards to this?

Number 1. I bought into 4/3 years ago with the Oly E-300 because it had a dust buster that worked, whereas all the competition spent all their time swabbing away madly, and still do it seems.

Number 2. I wanted to wait for 8MP as a minimum to start for a system camera and the 8MP of the Oly was great.

Number 3. The increased 4/3-M4/3 DOF suits me fine for what I do, in fact the often too  shallow DOF of 35mm film days was a pain in the you-know-what at times.

Number 4. Now using E-PL5 and I never originally realised that M4/3 could ever be this good.

Number 5. Dang me this two body five lens kit is so light that I never notice it on my shoulder.

Number 6. I drive a 13 year old Subaru manual shift, does that tell you anything? I could afford a Rolls-Royce, but why?

Please post your replies and thoughts on this topic, I could use feedback urgently.

What's the urgency? We will still be here tomorrow and the day after singing the praises of M4/3 in our own little world.

Thank you!

No problemo!

Regards...... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow