Is mirrorless the worst of all worlds? and FF the best?

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ed Rizk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,433
Like?
Smaller and lighter is still smaller and lighter...
In reply to zenpmd, Apr 26, 2013

...even if it doesn't fit in your pocket.  If you travel by air, backpack, bike, or to a lesser extent camp or travel by car, every ounce and cubic inch saved counts

I want a 6D too.  Still, I would like to keep my EFs lenses and my 60D, or replace it with a mirror less or SL1.  Even the larger of the smaller sensor cameras has a bulk advantage, especially with EFs telephotos.  Sure, the 100-400 on FF is better than the 55-250 on crop, but the 55-250 is tiny and weighs nothing by comparison.

The shallow DOF is a disadvantage for most of my shots.  Landscapes and architecturals are worse off for it.  High ISO performance on such shots is overcome by a tripod and DR is overcome by HDR.

In candid photos of multiple people, shallow DOF is also a disadvantage.  You're trying to document the interaction of several people, but only one eye of one person will be sharp if you're lucky.

APSc and morrorless have their place.  I would like to try the 6D, first to use the 17mmTSE and second for its low light advantages.  Maybe after using it, I'll also find everything else useless, but I don't think so.

-- hide signature --

Ed Rizk

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
WowNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow