Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Wildbegonia
Regular MemberPosts: 448Gear list
Like?
Re: What should be done with cheats ? Part 5 :-(
In reply to Werli Francois, Apr 26, 2013

Werli Francois wrote:

Thank you tasad

Two weeks ago I saw a post from l_objectif (Louis) on an image from GNapp Studios:

"5.0 X 3 !!!! Do you have multiple IDs?" Yes, it took my attention as the image was not really pretty

http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Entry.aspx?ID=723229

When the "Out of Pride" finished with GNapp Studios images doing 1st, 2nd and 3rd, I later realized that all the last images from GNapp Studios have 3 times 5,0 ratings.

I asked a host about those 3 accounts for one of his challenge and he said:

"It does seem there is cheating going on there. The people who rated the picture 5 star all only voted on that one entry."

So, I do not think he has 2 accounts but probably 3 extra accounts in top of his.

God bless him

I know it is frustrating to see others abuse the system, but ultimately I have used it as a tool for inner progress; as long as I have a reaction to it, then I am not free!

A lot of my images where sandbagged few months back, up to 14 times 0,5 just that my images would not do good in challenges. I stopped posting for a while and now only ad few images to challenges.

Peace

-- hide signature --

May all Beings be happy

The host of the challenge has the difficult task to acknowledge the obvious presence of cheaters in his challenges and the task to do something about it, which he does not.  One reason been that the host does not respects his own rules (therefore it  is an open but indirect invitation to cheaters), the other reason been that if he does sometthing about the presence of cheaters in his challenges,  a lot of this challenges will have not entries or remained 'sterile'
"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow