CANON SX50 OR SONY HX300 ?

Started Feb 22, 2013 | Questions thread
camerahound
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Re: CANON SX50 OR SONY HX300 ?
In reply to Imtiaz Jamil, Apr 26, 2013

I'm looking at the Canon SX50 also, the images I have seen online look pretty good. Only thing holding me back is I don't think it's a low light performer.  I also don't like how tiny the body is.  I come from film SLR days and just got rid of my digital SLR.  I am switching to a bridge camera so I can have an all in one camera and I mostly like to shoot landscapes these days so I'm willing to trade off some of the features of the SLR for the zoom I can gain in a bridge.  I just saw the Sony today in the store for the first time and I'm really impressed with it.  I am going to do research online tonight because I do know that I want a camera that will shoot RAW (which the canon does), but I'm hoping to find a little better aperture range on the lens than what the canon has.  I REALLY REALLY love the Fujifilm X-S1 it's the size of a digital slr with a lens mounted and it's a heavier weight so it feels really solid in your hands.  Someone told me about it and I can't find anything not to love so far, but the price which hovers right at $700.00 ouch compared to the SX50 which is currently on sale at best buy for under $400.00  If you buy the canon and like it, please come back and give us an update.  I'd love to know what you think.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow