HS50EXR vs SL1000.Anyone compared these 2 camera?

Started Apr 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
DickyAus
Contributing MemberPosts: 900Gear list
Like?
Re: HS50EXR vs SL1000.Anyone compared these 2 camera?
In reply to MitchyK7, Apr 26, 2013

Hi Mitchy, thanks for your constructive criticism. I have seen a number of posts about settings and I'm keen to experiment. The moon shot was one of my first photos straight out of the box and whilst it is flawed in many ways it was at least encouraging. I think I'm going to enjoy my HS50. I got my first camera (a Kodak box camera) at a church jumble sale 60 years ago. Photography was relatively simple then - make an educated guess about light, select speed/aperture, shuffle around to frame the subject, point and click; Now I have retired and put my camel that used to carry my sack of SLR lenses out to pasture I must learn to use a new and far more complicated tool. If you have any recommended reading material to help me along the way please let me know. My main interests are wildlife (often with rapid movement) and the stunning scenery we have here in Australia. I agonised between the S1 and the HS50 before deciding to go with the latest and greatest zoom.

Dicky.

DickyAus's gear list:DickyAus's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow