ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
callisto11
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Aviator Travel Jib vs. Kessler Pocket Jib Traveler
Apr 26, 2013

Hi,
Can anyone give me advice on which to get? I want to get a portable jib that can fit in a suitcase and add some flair to some videos I take. I've seen video samples of both which look good and if anyone has any comparison to give me I'd appreciate it. I want to use it with my Panasonic camcorder, and maybe a T4i from time to time. I'll be using a Pearstone VT-2100 tripod.
 From what I can tell by comparing the products:
The Aviator seems more well known, costs $100 less, comes with a carrying case (The Kessler charges an extra $60), and weighs over 1lb less.
The Kessler is easier to adjust the counterbalance, plus offers drag control and locks (I am wondering how much importance others place on this). If this is significant and worth it, I am willing to cough up the extra $100.
One other characteristic I've noticed with the Kessler is its center mounted camera platform. Since I want to use it with a camcorder though and there is about 3.75" from the mounting hole to the back of the battery, I wonder if the distance you can lower the camera will be hindered.
They both are 1 piece units, easy to set up and well made.
Any suggestions?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow