Confirmed: No practical advantage to removing D7100 AA filter

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Reilly Diefenbach
Senior MemberPosts: 8,401Gear list
Like?
Re: The only thing around here less credible
In reply to fotolopithecus, Apr 25, 2013

Sharpening produces artifacts.  Detail and microcontrast left out on the intake is not able to be reconstituted and can't show as well as detail brought in unfiltered.  Hasselblad, Leica, Nikon, Pentax, Fuji and Phase One all agree.  Some experts disagree from a lofty perch untroubled by experience or ownership of any of the above or indeed of any experimentation whatsoever.

My suggestion: Download the two raws from the DPR comparison and see for yourselves instead of endlessly theorizing.  It will only take two passés through CNX2 or ACR to erase all doubt.

Somebody show me a pic from the D5200 which is this sharp.  Please.  Prove me wrong with a full size jpg.  These raws, taken under identical conditions with the same lens are available at the Imaging Resource website.  Jpg shooters need not apply.  Take your best shot:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51747496@N08/8593053986/sizes/o/in/set-72157633040562803/

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SameNew
DataNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow