7d Mk II - This does not make sense!

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
tvstaff
Contributing MemberPosts: 794Gear list
Like?
Re: 7d Mk II - This does not make sense!
In reply to nikkorwatcher, Apr 25, 2013

nikkorwatcher wrote:

Sounds like the thread has been created with the childish assertion again that full-frame trumps everything else so the commoners should just crop for reach. Blah blah.

I don't think so.  Often I see how the 7D has better IQ than the 800/800E and even the 5D or 1D under some applications.

However, as technology changes and FF is improved upon, to the point, it's as good as Med Format / Film a lot of people will have tons of money invested in crop glass that will not work as well on a FF.  My 17-55 F2.8 USM IS is prime example. To some $1,100.00 is not a lot for glass, but for me it's not wood!

I like the fact that my 70-200 L f/2.8 II on my 7D is in reality a 100-300 of sorts.  However, in studio there is a clear advantage to the 5D III and also to a H5D-50MS if you want to go to an extream.

My concern is really where I like to shoot and at times it's not friendly.  Wet, cold, filled w/sand, hot, sand, heavy wind.....  I don't think that the H5D-50MS at $34,995.00even with free shipping is for me   Nor is the I DX at $5,500 based on what I need or like.

I want another body...  I don't want to invest in another crop body. So for me I want a FF Camera.

Can you understand how someone would want Crop and FF bodies in their bags?  One is not better than the other unless they are used "Right" based on the "users needs".

Yes? 

Best regards Nikorwatcher,

TVSTAFF

tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow