First Post - D800 soon, Please Advise: Which first two lenses?

Started Apr 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
r0gue
Junior MemberPosts: 38
Like?
Re: Perturbed by the Rudeness and Hostility on these Forums
In reply to zzzzzzzzzzz, Apr 25, 2013

zzzzzzzzzzz wrote: Is there something you will not be able to do with a D3200 or a D5200?

Actually yes, the D3200 or D5200 won't be able to be a D800 when I get to the point where I've earned the right to own a D800.  I know that sounds a bit rude, and I genuinely do not wish for it to sound rude.  I respect your opinion, and the fact that you've taken the time to give it to me. But I just want to get a full frame and not play the upgrade game later.  And particularly I want to buy quality glass that supports full frame.

My wife has been in to photography in the past, but it's been ages as she has spent the last decade and a half rearing our children.  Here's her old rig!

I know for sure, that if I got a D3100 I'd be happy with it now.  But I think there's a good chance, that I'd regret it later and do the upgrade.  I'm staring at my underspec'd MacBook Air right now, and wondering when my MacBook Pro will arrive.  Should be about a week!  work is paying for that one!)  hehe

I know I "should" take more time to learn more about the lenses and should know more.  But the sale is on now, and I'll be buying at some point anyway.

Please, sincerely,  no offense intended.  Just trying to make my point that you don't have to be an expert to own good gear.  I promise not to pretend to be an expertjust because I own it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow