Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Leo360
Senior MemberPosts: 1,031
Like?
Re: NO More D660 OIL threads PLEASE
In reply to Robin Casady, Apr 25, 2013

Robin Casady wrote:

kiirokurisu wrote:

I submit to you that "me too" complaint threads like those about oil spots suck the life out of a forum by occupying the active members in responding to these pointless posts - rather like a very effective and persistent troll.

I agree. It is the repetitive nature that is offensive. A few members post the same complaint over and over and over. This does hurt the forum and has caused some members to get fed up with it an leave.

-- hide signature --

Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
— Bertrand Russell

Sure, there are crappy redundant threads about D600 oild/dust, as there are redundant and crappy threads about other issues. Why you are singling out D600 problems and not D800 left AF? If you don't own D600 or do not plan to buy one, then sure, all those threads are of no relevance to you. I also find many threads that I am not interested in. My solution -- skip over them. Nobody is forced to read through a thread irrelevant to them. Yes, we live in an information overloaded world and one needs to learn to digest information efficiently (I wish I could:-) ) without resorting to Gestapo methods.

Leo

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow