Started Apr 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 15,590
Like?
Good call
In reply to fireplace33, Apr 25, 2013

fireplace33 wrote:

So, after carefully following all the tips in this forum for performig accurate testing and actually doing all these tedious tests ,  I had to make a decision on what to do, because I can’t work with this D7100 Camera and/or lenses as they are. Just unacceptable as it is!
So,…
My conclusion is that this particular D7100 camera does indeed have a problem with its PDAF system. A "left focus point issue"
Anyone else want to agree with that?
The evidence for me comes from my test results. Even after dot tuning each lens, all 3 fast lenses in my results table show a similar problem on the left side, indicative of a “PDAF miscalibration” as described by Pepsican. The 2 slower lenses didn’t show this but perhaps only because the DOF at F4 or F4.8 is wider and the effect is masked.
AND,  I also tried another F2.8 lens today (The Nikkor 105 AF/S 2.8 VR – my sharpest lens!) and I have the same effect with this lens, namely  CDAF (live view) works fine but PDAF (focussing while looking through viewfinder) does not work on the left side. I can no longer consider it just a coincidence that 4 lenses have exactly the same error!
So I  sent this camera back this morning before the “return window” closes.
I’ll get a new D7100 and test again.

Not a bad call on your part given the results of your testing. Good Luck!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BothNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow