oklaphotog
Contributing MemberPosts: 806Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax China Confirms FF DSLR and Pro APS-C body
In reply to fakuryu, Apr 25, 2013

fakuryu wrote:

AFAIK the DA*55, DA*200 and DA*300

-- hide signature --

There is no such thing a "Pro" level gear, just Pro level work.

The easiest way to find out would probably be to get a K-EOS adapter and stick them on a 5D or put them on a good ol' PZ-1 or something and see what they look like. I would imagine most of the shorter DA lenses will vignette a lot and be a little rough on the edges regarding resolution and CA. Knowing how much Pentax is dedicated to the K-Mount and the fact many people still shoot Pentax film bodies..... I would suspect that if they truly worked well out to the edges on FF, Pentax would have marketed them as FF. Most tele lenses throw a pretty big image circle, and I would imagine the longer lenses would work ok on an FF body. I'm pretty sure someone tried the new 560 on a film body and it looked pretty good on the edges considering.

What I want to see is a 77mm Ltd on a FF body. That was a great lens. If Pentax does bring a FF DSLR to the table, you can rest assured the used price of this lens will go sky high.... Kinda like the cult classic Minolta 100/2 did when the A900 came out.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow