First look at the E-P5

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
DLBlack
Forum ProPosts: 11,214Gear list
Like?
Re: Why a E-P5 and an E-PL6?
In reply to 4thnebula, Apr 25, 2013

4thnebula wrote:

I still find this confusing.  The E-P5 design looks good to me though without an articulating LCD it would not be very useful to me.

So, why a E-P5 and E-PL6 having such similar IQ etc.  Why not just an E-PL6.  What is in the E-P5 design that would make one pick that over the E-PL6?

I guess we will have to wait fr more leaks are the actual anouncements.  I still find it difficult to see how the upcoming  E-PL6 and E-P5 and the existing cameras like the E-M5 differentiate themselves from each other.  No real leaks for the E-PL6 yet, except that it will be a minor upgrade.  Maybe it gets wifi or maybe the new optional EVF needs a new accessory port and the E-PL6 gets the new accessory port.  Basically all we know about the E-P5 is that it looks almost like the E-P3, it has a control dial around the shutter button, it has wifi, it AF faster, and that it does not have an built-in evf but does take the new optional evf.

So I am guessing there will be a lot more leaks in the coming two weeks.

Dave

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +26 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow