Veteran MemberPosts: 7,558
Like?
Re: Macro Focus Stacking - Zerene Stacker results
In reply to Robin Casady, Apr 25, 2013

Robin Casady wrote:

Duncan C wrote:

_sem_ wrote:

Duncan C wrote:

I've started trying out Zerene Stacker for Mac, and it seems to give MUCH better results than either Helicon Focus or CS 6.

Make sure you look at the full-sized image of the last one. The texture detail is amazing.

Remarkable.

But the yellow-orange edge is smeared at certain places, seems a similar issue as with Helicon. I hope it can be fixed?

Yup, its a little soft at the yellow/orange border in places. I haven't looked into it to see what my retouching options are yet.

Look to see that if are any images where that area is sharp. It might be that your focus change skipped that area.

I do. I created this stack using Nikon's camera control software, which includes an option to change the focus in very small, precise increments.

I think the problem is that when the yellow flower petals are sharply focused, the orange flower center is very out of focus, creating an out-of-focus halo that obscures the sharply focused yellow flower bits immediately adjacent to the orange flower center. I'm not sure what the solution is to this problem. Maybe sombody else who has more experience with focus stacking can chime in here?

-- hide signature --

Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
— Bertrand Russell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow