Be Thankful For Olympus Gear

Started Apr 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
bofo777
Contributing MemberPosts: 616Gear list
Like?
Re: Yep illy, you have to...
In reply to MercurySoft1, Apr 25, 2013

MercurySoft1 wrote:

read those reviews.  I used to work at Amazon.com and some of the reviews are excellent and informative; others are totally unrelated to the quality of a product.  So if you see something has 3 stars out of 5, make sure and see why the bad ratings were given and judge for yourself what weight they carry.

I have really considered switching gear in the past.  I came to a fork in the road where I had the money to either buy an E-5 or sell some of my lenses and go with a Canon.  The problems weighed were, what can I get with 2K, from Olympus and what am I going to end up with if I go Canon.

The E-5 won out.  I couldn't stand the idea of cleaning dust off my sensor (I have enough dusting to do in the house!) and I wouldn't be getting a prosumer camera if I went Canon.  I would only get one of their lower midrange models and then one portrait lens.

And I thought of how much I trust the weather sealing on my Oly camera bodies.  I know it was a risk but I used to shoot in the rain with my e-300  and that camera after 8 years, is still working.  I haven't checked shutter clicks but it must be astronomical on that camera.

There is a problem with having too many models to pick from with Canon too.  Way too many bodies and way to many lens choices.  I would hate to spend a small fortune on lenses just trying to find one that could stack up to Zuiko lenses I have.

OH, and I have 3 friends who are very talented photographers who had switched to either Nikon or Canon and they took great shots with them, but all three returned to Olympus.  Something to be said about that too.

-- hide signature --

Shirl Haden
www.pbase.com/shaden008

Ditto  Your going to love your E-5--it is truly a magical camera...

bofo777's gear list:bofo777's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow