HS50EXR vs SL1000.Anyone compared these 2 camera?

Started Apr 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
VTRoB
New MemberPosts: 21Gear list
Like?
Re: HS50EXR vs SL1000.Anyone compared these 2 camera?
In reply to MitchyK7, Apr 25, 2013

Hi,I think you pretty much sum up what I think.All the bridge cameras in this sector,ie. the super zooms are all similar;I've tried the Canon SX50,Sony HX300 and now have the SL1000;they all give similar results as regards image quality,even compared to my older HS28.With the Canon it was purely the physical size I didn't like and not as long zoom.The Sony I just found you had to play with the settings alot more to get good results,it was just more work! The SL,I find,you can put it on auto and it takes some decent photos;I like playing with the settings,some of the time,the Sony makes this easy-but then I found you had to!

At the end of the day you get what you pay for,these are not top of the range DSLRs;I don't want to spend a fortune on the camera plus loads of heavy lens to carry around.I want 1 camera with reasonably good image quality,a long zoom option and the ability to play around with the settings a little.With the SL I have that,so I'm happy.Would the HS50 give me a few more options?- Probably,although I might miss that little extra zoom,they are closely matched,both good cameras in my opinion.Hope you agree!

VTRoB's gear list:VTRoB's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX300 Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow