Any thing wrong with using AF-C permanently?

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Pradipta Dutta
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,754Gear list
Like?
Re: Any thing wrong with using AF-C permanently?
In reply to Jostian, Apr 25, 2013

Jostian wrote:

Was wondering why one would use AF-S, when AF-C focuses continually, addressing slight variations in mvt that AF-S doesn't, so why use AF-S, just leave it on AF-C, I now there are other considerations like speed etc that would affect which AF to use, but speaking purely on focus, surely t here's nothing wrong with just leaving AF on AF-C? or am I missing something(s)?

There is nothing wrong in leaving on AF-C permanently as long as you can deal with the slight delay that AF-C has in the initial acquisition of focus.

However, there is another aspect of AF-S that is important to some. In certain situations one may NOT want the camera to continuously track focus. They may just want to acquire focus, possibly recompose and then shoot. That is not possible with AF-C as the focus tracking continuously remains engaged unless you use focusing for AF-ON button only.

-- hide signature --

My Online Gallery - http://www.pbase.com/pradipta

Pradipta Dutta's gear list:Pradipta Dutta's gear list
Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon D800 Nikon D3200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AllNew
ManyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow