Pentax China Confirms FF DSLR and Pro APS-C body

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chris Mak
Senior MemberPosts: 1,286
Like?
Re: I'm betting on K-mount
In reply to Russell Evans, Apr 25, 2013

From all that I've read so far, Pentax seems pretty dedicated to the K-mount, so I believe that the Full frame camera will have just the normal bayonet K-mount. I don't think it will be mirrorless either: for a while everyone at the Olympus forum (I switched from Olympus) was singing the "death of the DSLR-gospel" due to the rise of the EVF, but that take-over has more or less come to a standstill now that mirrorless has just taken its own place alongside Dslr. There are serious downsides to mirrorless that won't be easily solved in the near future, and certainly the quality Full frame OVF can not be replaced by a long way by an EVF. I read a while ago that Pentax had been considering an EVF for a possible FF camera, but soon put that aside, because research had shown, that the large majority of possible FF adopters greatly preferred an OVF, and is that not júst what makes FF so attractive, the large viewfinder. No, I think we will see a "traditional" K-mount FF with OVF, the uniqueness will lie in other innovations, and I'm glad personally: I have four Zeiss primes waiting for that Pentax FF!

Chris

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow