how to travel with camera, tripod and carry on luggage

Started Apr 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Freeman-Jo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,570Gear list
Like?
Re: how to travel with camera, tripod and carry on luggage
In reply to Bluejay, Apr 25, 2013

Bluejay wrote:

So basically can I put the tripod inside my carry-on luggage (ball head and leg stands apart)?  I wonder if it will cause panic on the security checkpoint.  As far as I can gather from the replies, I guess I can go with my Lowepro Fastpack (camera, lenses , laptop) and my carry on with tripod and little  clothes.

My last three trips, I had my luggage lost so I am never traveling with check-in bags.

All I'm saying is that getting the pod inside the bag can avoid both tsa and airline agent visual and less likely to get questioning.  TSA doesn't have specific rule about tripod.  So technically it shouldn't be a problem.  One TSA guy may have a problem but another TSA peraonal may not.

Still both TSA and airline agent have abosulute authority regarding letting you carry tripod/monopod on even if it's contradicting their written policy.  You will never get absolute answer here.  Maybe, just maybe both TSA and airline have written policy specifically allow tripod, but that will never happen.

-- hide signature --

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
If picture worth a thousand words, how many megapixel is it?
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Freeman-Jo's gear list:Freeman-Jo's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow