Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
fft81
Contributing MemberPosts: 896
Like?
Re: Need help!!...big prints!!!
In reply to Vinny311, Apr 25, 2013

Vinny311 wrote:

Hi there people...

Going to shoot a Love Story on sunday morning and the couple wants some of those photos to be printed 4', 5' or 6' for the wedding...first timer here!..

My question/info...

• Camera/equipment settings to do it the right way?...do I have to change the settings in my camera??...
  • Will edit in PS5...
  • Various locations, rain forrest, beach and a colonial house (Love my island Puerto Rico!)
  • Any suggestions?

In any case this is relevant, the equipment I will use:

• Sony a580
  • 70-200mm 2.8 G
  • 50mm 1.7 Minolta
  • 16-50 2.8
  • Speedlites + softboxes + reflectors
-- hide signature --

Old glass...timeless beauty (Minolta Lenses)

Pixel peepers will say that 16 MPx Sony a580 is not enough for 4' tall image. You definitely want to get every pixel count; this means use f/4 or smaller aperture. Add light as needed. To reduce DOF at smaller apertures like f/4 or f/5.6 use longer FL on your 70-200. Is a560 a cropped sensor? If it is, you may be able to get away with f/2.8 for sharpness requirements. Use lowest ISO that the existing light can permit.

If you have control of the environment try to reduce the fine detail that exists in the environment; this way on large printed image you don't see a square where eye expects to see a small flower; you see a gradient of squares where eye expects to see gradient of colors.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow