Bring the D7100 on trip or not?

Started Apr 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
mosswings
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,757Gear list
Like?
Re: Bring the D7100 on trip or not?
In reply to MatijaG, Apr 25, 2013

MatijaG wrote:

I would add one more tip: when you see a great photo position, with lots of people taking pictures, watch out for your other possessions: I was in Prague, and as you descend from the cathedral, all the views of the city are obscured. Then, finally, there is a break in the stone wall, and there is always a bunch of people taking pictures of Prague from that spot.

As I belied up to the wall to take my pictures, I heard a "zzip". I was too preoccupied with taking my picture to wonder where the sound came from. As I stepped away from the wall, I noticed my bag was unzipped. My wallet was still there but only because it was buried under a bunch of other junk, and possibly the loud zipper frightened the thief.

So, what I'm saying, when you see a great photo spot, particularly a crowded one, people preoccupied with taking  pictures are to pickpockets as honey is to flies.

Another two tips:

If there's a great photo spot that everyone's at, find another spot and work your own magic on it. You can buy a better executed image taken from that great photo spot at the souvenir shop by the parking lot.

If you're carry a DSLR, or especially a DSLR on a tripod and you set up at a location, work fast.  50 other people will think you know what you're doing and soon you'll be mobbed and unable to take the shot you wanted.

mosswings's gear list:mosswings's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow