Be Thankful For Olympus Gear

Started Apr 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Regular MemberPosts: 308Gear list
Like?
Re: Be Thankful For Olympus Gear
In reply to illy, Apr 25, 2013

I don't know about D3200 but when I saw what my niece was doing with her D3100 at 3200 iso I began seriously to wonder about brand change. Been Olympus since my first OM1 back in the seventies. Loved it. Then away from photography for more than 20 years. When I got interested in digital photo it was all natural to me to check Olympus. For me all this debate ( and the one about a new evolt..or not ) can be summed up as follows : are the Olympus guys going to produce a new 4/3 Exx, like a E720 maybe, with high ISO capabilities as good or better than the OM5, whose ergonomy I positively hate otherwise I would have bought it, a more than decent viewfinder, a good AF, and a body the size in between the 620 and 520. No need for fancy art modes . 12 MP enough. Launch price 500 euros max body only. A new E7 ? Why would Olympus compete at that level with Canikon ?

108's gear list:108's gear list
Olympus E-520 Olympus E-620 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow