Any thing wrong with using AF-C permanently?

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jostian
Senior MemberPosts: 1,152Gear list
Like?
Re: Any thing wrong with using AF-C permanently?
In reply to blue_cheese, Apr 25, 2013

blue_cheese wrote:

Jostian wrote:

Was wondering why one would use AF-S, when AF-C focuses continually, addressing slight variations in mvt that AF-S doesn't, so why use AF-S, just leave it on AF-C, I now there are other considerations like speed etc that would affect which AF to use, but speaking purely on focus, surely t here's nothing wrong with just leaving AF on AF-C? or am I missing something(s)?

-- hide signature --

Jostian

AF-S can help you set up a focus trap and avoid hunting in some situation (ie AF-S on the ground/ara where you expect your subject to enter, lock the focus and wait for it). AF-C will cause hunting, and especially with a slower focusing lens may totally miss the shot.

Also AF-S will allow the focus assist illuminator to come on in poor lighting, it may make a big difference over AF-C.

At least that is just about the only time ever I use AF-S.

Thanks for the insight, appreciated, still not sure why I have issues with AF-S as mentioned in my earlier post... frustrating, will try in better light and see if the same happens.

-- hide signature --

Jostian

Jostian's gear list:Jostian's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon EOS 7D Sony a6000 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AllNew
ManyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow