Peter Gabriel
Contributing MemberPosts: 571
Like?
Re: X100s no news is good news.
In reply to Jeff Charles, Apr 25, 2013

Jeff Charles wrote:

Peter Gabriel wrote:

Ezra R wrote:

The fact that the firmware update was SO minor speaks volumes to the fact that Fuji got 99% of the major items correct right out of the gate.

(If the FW had huge fixes, I'd be annoyed at having bought the camera in the first place.)

I have read somewhere that people updating from firmware 1.0 to 1.01 has complained that the AF gets slow like on the x100.

I do not believe that anyone has upgraded from 1.0 to 1.01, because 1.01 was never a downloadable FW update. Some cameras came with 1.0, others with 1.01. Also, as far as I know, there has not been a direct, side-by-side comparison of an X100s with 1.0, with an X100s with 1.01.

Still, many believe that 1.01 AF is slower, based on anecdotal evidence. That may be true, but the belief has not been tested. If, in fact, there is bug in 1.01 that slowed focusing, there might be a hidden fix in 1.02. It will be interesting to hear from 1.01 user who upgrade to 1.02.

-- hide signature --

Jeff
"Please proceed..."

Yes, would be nice to know. I'm still waiting for dpreviews test before making my final decision, but I think I'm very close to buying the x100s. Seems like a killer camera.

-- hide signature --

My kit as of now: Nikon D90, SB-600, 20-35mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.8, 35mm f/2.0,
85mm f/1.8, - all Nikkors. Aperture 3 from Apple.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow