SUCCESS- Printfab and the Epson 3880 prints 17x56 pano

Started Apr 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Peter Patricelli
Regular MemberPosts: 315
Like?
Re: SUCCESS- Printfab and the Epson 3880 prints 17x56 pano
In reply to Hugowolf, Apr 25, 2013

Brian,

You are absolutely right.  I didn't even say it correctly for my own (maybe skewed) way of seeing things.  I just got up and checked the roll and the printing emulsion side comes off the outside of the roll.  Since my printer is sitting up against a wall, one of the reasons I like feeding through the cut sheet feeder, I am thinking of mounting a simple lift-off dowel above it to suspend the "let the paper, cut off the roll, re-roll as it wants" above the printer.  That opens the possibility of guides and even a tension device on one side or another that can straighten a slight skew during printing.

Wow, learned several things today....my plan "B"...Helmar Dahmer's UDPS won't work on the 3880.....so I don't have a plan "B", but I slept better when I thought I did; and that heavier papers might/probably work thru the top sheet feeder....the uncertainty of which was giving me pause in moving in that direction.  THANKS!

This Printers/Printing forum has been a welcome oasis of friendly, competent gentlemen with no (or little) sniping or bickering.  Love it.

-- hide signature --

Peter Patricelli
www.flyfishingfotography.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow