Mirrorless Camera vs Sony Cybershot DSC-RX100?

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JLChristie
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
Mirrorless Camera vs Sony Cybershot DSC-RX100?
Apr 25, 2013

Hey all,

I've been playing around with a Sony RX100, and aren't entirely happy with it. There are never any BAD photos but in general the photos don't seem to be totally sharp unless they are close distance (in the same room for example).

I took some photos at the beach and the camera failed to capture the scene well (which I'm not saying isn't partly my fault). I'm no professional or anything!
I'm wondering how much a SMALL Mirrorless camera would be in terms of image quality up from the RX1?
Note, I'm not bagging the RX1 or anything, am just thinking about better cameras for more $. Also, I find the 3-4x zoom max a little bit limiting as well as the aperture being restricted at full zoom.

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: I haven't mentioned cameras but was thinking ones like "Olympus PEN E-P3", "Pentax K-01", "Sony Alpha NEX-5N" would they be worth the upgrade or too much a "half way" upgrade?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus PEN E-P3 Pentax K-01 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony RX1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow