Skin Tone adjustments - Lightroom4 (or Photoshop Elements 11)

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CMC123
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Skin Tone adjustments - Lightroom4 (or Photoshop Elements 11)
Apr 25, 2013

I took some photographs of people inside a church. The church had yellow walls, and large stained glass windows that were predominantly blue.

The color cast is crazy in these photos.  There are some photos where the subject's hair is tinted blue (from the stained glass) and neck and hands are tinted yellow (from the walls?)  And the overall skin tone is just not good.

Most were shot with just natural light at a higher ISO (2500+) and a few with a flash.  (If it matters, it was a Canon 5DMKIII and I'm using Lightroom 4  mostly and only occasionally use PSE 11 on a Windows machine)

I tried starting with Auto, and then eyeballing it.  I tried the eye dropper trick to find the "whitest" part of the image.  I tried using the brush adjustments on the blue tint in the hair and the yellow tint on the hands, which helped but still the overall white balance is just yucky and I can't seem to find a good solution to fix it.

Any thoughts or suggestions?  Or an online resource that can help me?

Side Note:  Lightroom and PSE do note support CMYK, only RGB, so any solutions that adjust CMYK will not apply here  

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow