Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm f2.4 + NEX 7

Started Mar 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
spiderhunter
Regular MemberPosts: 231
Like?
Re: Carl Zeiss Jena Flektogon 35mm f2.4 + NEX 7
In reply to BasiliskPhoto, Apr 25, 2013

spiderhunter wrote:

How do you rate the  Jena flektogon 35mm 2.4 against the new Sony 35mm 1.8 in terms of IQ, color and contrast? Does the Sony exhibit a kind of plasticy artificial look?  We are not going to discuss OSS and AF, just images the lenses produce.  Much thanks.

-- hide signature --

A good picture is worth one word - IMPACT.

Can't comment on the image, but I can say the main reason I don't have the Sony E mount 35mm is price. It is still nearly twice the price of the 50mm, and as the equivalent of what would be a standard lens on a traditional SLR, that is a lot of money. I would say the Flektogon is definitely a good substitute, especially as I picked mine up for £10. In the long term it will probably only keep its value, in contrast to modern high tech lenses that might become obsolescent in 10 years. I have also used it (very happily) full frame on a film camera. But £150 seems a lot to pay for an old East German lens!

If I was shooting more paid video assignments with my E mount camera, I would buy the Sony 35mm like a shot - OSS would be great to have for that purpose.

£10 for a flektogon seems like a dream these days. Maybe you can be a considerate capitalist and sell it to me for 20!!
--
A good picture is worth one word - IMPACT.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow