KR Pans the Sigma 35mm f/1.4 For Its Poor Build!

Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gatorowl
Contributing MemberPosts: 751Gear list
Like?
KR Pans the Sigma 35mm f/1.4 For Its Poor Build!
Apr 25, 2013

I apologize in advance for bringing this up.  I know how many forum members feel about KR.  I've tried to resist but after this review, I may join the camp.

In short, KR finds the Sigma optically superb--although he is loath to say that it is better than the Canon and Nikon versions--, but he believes it is mechanically crap.

I know he dislikes third-party lenses (he talks about buying an inferior Canon or Nikon "before I soil my bag with Sigma"), but asserting that the Sigma comes in the poorest package of any 35mm lens?

I have the Sigma 35mm, and I am impressed with it both optically and mechanically.  If I'm wrong let me know, otherwise I ready to jump onboard the "KR is a flaming shock jock of the photography blogosphere who should be totally ignored" wagon.

gatorowl's gear list:gatorowl's gear list
Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +13 more
Pentax K-r
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow