Started Apr 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Tareq Abdulla
Regular MemberPosts: 259Gear list
Like?
Re: An updated NEWS
In reply to ilysaml, Apr 25, 2013

ilysaml wrote:

Tareq Abdulla wrote:

I bought a desktop from a local store with parts i asked and some aren't much important i will change later when i can.

The 2 things i sure want to change are:

1. SSD, i have Samsung 840 series 128GB non Pro, so i would like to go with Samsung Pro 256GB.

2. Graphic Card,  they installed something normal not great enough, but just for quick few days use i will keep it until i order one either from online or if i can find it locally somewhere, then i can use that current one for another low performance computer.

The RAM is 8GB now, but i will definitely increase it to either 16GB or 32GB, the motherboard can go up to 64GB but i am not in tush to go for maximum RAM yet.

I am not sure if the motherboard is good one, but this is what they told me available in addition to ASUS, but this is the only one it have Bluetooth+WiFi included [it is just a card], anyway, i said before that i will not care too much about so powerful motherboard, at the end it is X79 Intel chipset inside, so this will make it a decent one for a while.

Thanks for all the help and opinion/suggestions/recommendations, sure i need you for anything i search to get.

With all respect, you lack too much knowledge and you don't know what you need. You chose the X79 platform and you may not use it's full potentials and you may not even reach it's capabilities. You could have saved a very good bulk of money going with Z77 chipset and it may be overkill too for your needs. If you knew the difference between 840/840 Pro you wouldn't think about changing it. You don't know what they put in your PC and in the first post you say you need a GTX 690, the difference between GTX 690 and GT 630 is like the difference between sky and earth. You don't know the real use of the extra RAM you want to add.

Just think and do your own search before investing too much money on something you wouldn't ever use.

-- hide signature --

Ilysaml

It is not your fault at all, it is my fault that i was not very clear at all on my posts, but to clarify few things, i got that Samsung 840 non pro 128GB before i get that machine and i was planning to put it in my very old machine, that old one doesn't have SATA 2 or 3, so Pro version will not have any benefit on very old machine, and because i didn't order that Pro version yet and it will take time so i thought to install that non pro 128GB now, i will order Pro version soon maybe next week and very easy i put it instead of that 128GB, on number 1 i said i had non Pro 128GB and will go with Pro 256, did i say i am not sure which one i have to choose?

About Graphics Card, did i say i want to use 630? I just said i didn't find that card you recommended me locally and it may take time to find it, same also if i order it online it will take time, so i can't wait with this machine until the Graphics card can arrive or be found, so i told them go with whatever they have for now and once i get the one you recommend me then i replace it immediately  i need to operate the machine as soon as possible to install programs and drivers or at least install OS, so that step can be fine with cheapest lowest GPU, when i will get the better GPU then easy to change it and then start the heavy games and video and applications, did i say somewhere that i don't want a better GPU? Don't worry if i started with some cheapo parts, but overall i have other things great such as the Processor and the fans, within 1 week or 2 i will be upgrading the SSD and RAM and Graphics card to better ones, is there any problem?

Tareq Abdulla's gear list:Tareq Abdulla's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Canon EOS 5D +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
rhit MOD
rhit MOD
rhit MOD
hereNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow