Started Apr 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
drcPhoto
Regular MemberPosts: 435Gear list
Like?
Olympus 17mm f/1.8 VRS Voigtlander 17.5mm f/0.95
Apr 25, 2013
Presently, I am using and enjoying the two Panasonic zooms (12-35mm & 35-100mm) with my GH3 camera.  At some point, I want to add several prime lenses: the Olympus 75mm f/1.8, the Olympus 45mm f/1.8, possibly the Panasonic 25mm f1.4, and either the Olympus 17mm f/1.8 or the Voigtlander 17.5mm f/0.95 lens.   I've read most every review, studied all the specifications and looked at the many many photos I can find on the 17mm and 17.5mm lens, but I don't recall seeing a direct comparison study or review matching up these two lenses (Olympus and Voigtlander).  Is anyone aware of such a review or a good thorough comparison of these two great lenses?   I am really leaning toward the Voigtlander  in spite of the additional cost and not having the automatic focus, but I also want to make a good and informed decision.  Perhaps renting and using both might also be the way to feel more comfortable about this particular focal lens I ultimately want to own and use..   Any thoughts or input would be much appreciated.  Thanks! Dale 
 drcPhoto's gear list:drcPhoto's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V Olympus E-M1 Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +21 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow