ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bji
bji
Regular MemberPosts: 118
Like?
travel zooms - best image quality
Apr 25, 2013

I'm wanting to buy a 20x travel zoom. I'm not big on GPS, wireless or any such bells and whistle. I just want the best photo quality I can get in a point and shoot.

I had a Sony Cybershot DSC HX20V that I never got very acceptable images with, though this camera had excellent reviews, and I really gave it a fair shot to learn. So I'm not trusting what I read in reviews much now. Images were oversaturated red, and there was barrelling of objects on the outer edges of images that was very visible. Sony told me this was normal for the camera! Really?! They wanted me to zoom 2X every time I took a photo to prevent this. Really??!!!! Anyway they did end up refunding my money, so I'm glad about that.

I'm now considering either Canon Powershot HX280 or Panasonic Lumix ZS30. The ZS30 has more bells and whistles, however I really want to know about photo quality, and in low light situations too. I don't really know how to read the specs and know what it all means. Also the Canon is $100 less in price also. I had a Canon years ago that I really liked.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 (Lumix DMC-TZ40) Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX20V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow